Research indicates that homework in the early grades is not an effective tool for students. Therefore, your child will not have typical “homework”. They will need to pratice their reading skills and study spelling, vocabulary words, and practice math skills.
- Your child should be reading for at least 15 minutes each night.
- They can read to you or someone else or you can read to them.
- Spelling words are sent home on Monday with the class newsletter. Please have your child study them for a few minutes each night.
- Vocabulary words are sent home for each story we are using. The students should study these words and learn their meaning. These will be included on the newsletter.
- Your child should be practicing the addition and subtraction facts to 20. This can be done through games, writing, or oral repetition. They should also practice the skills we are working on each week. These skills will be listed on the newsletter as well.